Access to and use of 'i-Learner.com.hk' (i-Learner) is provided by i-Learner of Nebula Group Limited (I-Learner) on the following terms:
1. By using i-Learner you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of i-Learner. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to i-Learner. If you are a subscriber, please call our customer service at (852) 3113 8815 or email us at email@example.com.
2. i-Learner may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of i-Learner will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on i-Learner then the latter shall prevail.
3. To use i-Learner, you must join and possess an account ("Account"). By applying for an Account, either through your school or by yourself, you agree that the information you provide is accurate, current, and complete, and that you will keep it up to date. After your Account is created, we will provide you with a username and password. You are encouraged to change your password after you login your Account. You agree not to share or transfer your password or other Account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your Account and for the confidentiality of any passwords you create to access this Site.
4. All activities under your Account are your responsibility, and you agree not to share or transfer your Account in violation of this Agreement. Should you notice any unauthorized use of your Account, contact i-Learner immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. i-Learner will not be responsible for any losses that you may incur as a result of someone else using your Account.
Once you have created your Account, we encourage you to fill out your "About Me" page with your background information.
5. In order to maintain i-Learner as
a trusted platform, we reserve the right to cancel the Account of members
who engage in behaviour that might affect other users or other unacceptable
activities contrary to this Agreement. In the event that i-Learner cancels
your Account or your access to this Site because of fraudulent or other
unacceptable activities (as defined by I-Learner) contrary to this Agreement,
you agree that the license granted herein to content submitted by you
shall not terminate, but you will agree to forfeit all rights you may
have to your Account. If I-Learner cancels your account, and you feel
this was done in error, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your privacy on I-Learner
Use of i-Learner
7. You agree to use i-Learner only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of i-Learner. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, revealing answers of exercises to other persons, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow within i-Learner.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on i-Learner and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in the Nebula Group Limited or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use i-Learner content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any i-Learner content. Any other use of i-Learner content requires the prior written permission of i-Learner.
5. The names, images and logos identifying i-Learner or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of i-Learner and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of i-Learner or any other third party.
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) in any sections of i-Learner you agree to grant to i-Learner, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for i-Learner services in any media worldwide (including on the i-Learner site accessed by international users). In certain circumstances, i-Learner may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
7. Copyright of\ver your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way, including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that i-Learner can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any Hong Kong laws, that you have the right to give i-Learner permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
9. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with the BBC.
10. If you do not want to grant i-Learner
the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or
share your contribution to or with i-Learner.
13. By participating in and contributing to selected i-Learner communities, e.g. i-Learner Blogs, Writing Guild, Instant Communicator, you agree to use i-Learner communities (including message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all i-Learner community sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you're using, as there may be some local variations to these Community Rules.
(i) About your posts:
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any BBC community.
(iv) Legal requirements:
(v) If you're under 16:
(vi) If you breach these Community Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in relevant local house rules) when taking part in an i-Learner community, it may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include any content posted by you being checked before being allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of i-Learner community areas.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any i-Learner communities or anywhere else on i-Learner or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on i-Learner, and i-Learner considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, i-Learner may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your school, employer, or Internet Service Provider about the infringement(s).
i-Learner reserves the right to delete any contribution to any i-Learner account, at any time, for any reason.
15. The majority of content posted in i-Learner communities is created by i-Learner members. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of i-Learner or the Nebula Group Limited. Neither i-Learner nor Nebula Group Limited are responsible for any content posted by its members on i-Learner or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through i-Learner. Any links to third party websites from i-Learner do not amount to any endorsement of that site by i-Learner or the Nebula Group Limited and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
16. i-Learner content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to i-Learner and/or the Nebula Group Limited, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Whilst i-Learner will exercise all its professional judgement and reasonable resources to ensure the quality and accuracy of the content, to the extent permitted by law, i-Learner excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. While we try to ensure that all content provided by i-Learner is correct at the time of publication, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of i-Learner for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website. We welcome reports of such errors, omissions or inaccuracy and undertake to amend them in an expedient manner.
17. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes i-Learner's liability for damage caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, i-Learner and/or Nebula Group Ltd. shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of i-Learner regardless of the form of action.
18. i-Learner and Nebula Group Limited do not warrant that functions available on i-Learner will be uninterrupted or error free or that i-Learner or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is you who should implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
19. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
20. If you have signed any contract with i-Learner that contains terms not compatible with these terms, the terms in your contract prevail over relevant terms here while the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
21. The failure or delay of i-Learner to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive the i-Learner's right to enforce that right.
22. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Phone: (852) 3113 8815